This weeks edition of Healthy Thursday involves Lysol and Resolve.
A clean house keeps
me a little more sane. Yes the physical labor behind cleaning sucks,
but none the less I love a clean house so I push through the boredom
and the soreness that is associated with it.
My boyfriend in
chronically disorganized. This means that clutter and general
messiness can quickly stack up if I don't keep up. He'll leave dirty
dishes soaking in the dish pan for hours, soda, ice tea containers
and wrappers will litter the living room. Added bonus he wears his
shoes in the house (I gave up yelling at him) and constantly spills
drinks on the rug and doesn't clean it up.
If I wasn't in
charge of the household cleaning our house would quickly look like an
episode of hoarders. I tried to get after him in the beginning but he
always got sick while cleaning, coughing until he pukes. This is
funny because he can clean at work just fine. I think on some level
it is subconscious on his part, after all hoarding does run in
family.
Now I am not a
perfectionist when it comes to cleaning but I do like a decluttered
and clean house. It helps me feel calmer and relaxed and less on
edge. This week I grabbed my buckets, cleaning solutions and brushes
and scrubbed down the living room, rug included.
I also spent some
time going through books to donate or give away. This single task
freed up a whole bookcase meaning more room in the bedroom and less
of a cluttered feel. It also helped distract my mind from some of the
stress I was under. So I guess this weeks healthy indulgence was
cleaning therapy.
Healthy
Thursday is a great way that you can share dietary changes, new
exercises, stress reduction techniques or just any general things
that you have engaged in or changed in your life that has a positive
impact. No matter how small or how simple these are things that we do
to improve our selves and lessen the effects of our illnesses. Put a
link in the comments to your own blog entry for Healthy Thursday. If
you don't have blog then just comment with what your healthy thing
is.
Comments
Post a Comment